The District Attorney Wore Red

Monochrome (one color) dressing begins with shoes, because they are hard to find. 
You can find a dress and hats the same color as this purse, but where will you find the shoes?

I love red, but not as much as Fani Willis, Fulton County District Attorney, who wore red outfits at a hearing designed to sully her dignity, because she is doing her job. Which is? On 14 August 2023, she indicted Donald John Trump and 18 co-defendants for racketeering to overturn Georgia’s 2020 presidential election, in favour of Trump.

From now on, I’m going to call my red outfits Fani Willis red, because she had a reason for going red in that hostile Michael A. Roman environment. I’m attracted to red things. Red is striking, if you love monochrome dressing, which means one color: red dress, shoes and purse. I had such an ensemble when I used to be a store-friendly size. What’s that? Stores carry sizes for normal women, not spectacular women like myself. I am phenomenally spectacular, to tweak Maya Angelou’s poem, Phenomenal Woman.

Monochrome blue will be good on you, but where would you find blue shoes? Shoes are the first brick, when building a monochrome wardrobe. Blue dresses are also hard to find, but you can buy fabric and a fashion designer can sew it for you. Can I try monochrome white as in white dress and shoes? No. You are not a bridesmaid. How about monochrome black? Definitely not. You are not going to a funeral.  Yellow? Where would you find yellow shoes? Brown monochrome outfit? Hell! No! You don’t work for UPS.

Seriously though, why do I have the propensity to buy red things? Probably because I’m a selective shopper. I’m drawn to 70% off the original price, like my red rain boots. I get a lot of compliments in spring. Snow melts and I plod along on messy streets without a care in the world.

However, please note that color has cultural connotations. Red is a good news color in most Asian countries. That’s why brides wear red. White denotes sad news. That why mourners at a cremation wear white.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Internet Manners