Shoplifting Suspects

Shoplifting has no size. They steal small items and big items. Don't look at me. 

The drugstore loses some money if the security guard sits on my tail as soon as I enter the premises. How? It gives that nice old lady some minutes to shove shampoo and nail polish inside her SAVE THE CHILDREN shopping bag.

Yes. The problem is right there. No. We won’t define what a ‘nice old lady’ is today, but drugstores and other businesses must tell security companies that everybody is a potential thief, a shoplifter, not just people who look like me. The thief might be that lady; the guy with diamond studs in his ears; the guy in a wheelchair; a mother pushing a stroller or a man in a King Charles 111 business suit and a bowler hat.

Cameras are everywhere, but that doesn’t deter shoplifting. I don’t steal because things on those shelves don’t belong to me. Besides, I’m scared of going to jail like Donald Trump. Yes, I’m part of my beautiful people, but I enter stores as an individual, not as a representative of my race. Same with you dear reader. It  doesn’t mean that all your people are thieves, just because you have the propensity to pick-and-not-pay.

I’m breaking my promise by penning this shop lifting business. I vowed not to let it bother me. It’s one of those aggravations I put on a scale. Should this vex me? Yes or no? I also have fun when I have time. If a security guard tails me, I lose the scent, and walk briskly in between aisles. A hide and seek, if you will. Where did she go? 

C’mon. You like exaggerating. The guy is doing his job. By sitting on my tail, while real thieves get away with shaving cream or aspirin?

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Internet Manners