Salmon On Toast


Below is old blog 30 January 2024, about canola oil.

I first ate salmon in a country called Canada. I’ve loved it every since. It’s cheaper than red meat (a source of vitamin B12) and cooking time is 1-2-3. Yes indeed. In fact they don’t cook it in Japan, just fold it nicely in sushi. That’s the sushi I buy when I happen to be at the mall.

Because of its zero cooking time, I prepared my favorite over the weekend: breakfast salmon.

1. Cook onion, tomato and chilies in canola oil for 6 minutes. (No more olive oil for me, price went up).

2. Add little jerk sauce if you have it.

3. Place salmon on top.

4. Switch off heat and leave on stove for two minutes.

5. Eat with whole wheat or brown toast.

6. I spread low fat margarine out of habit. You don’t have to.

Question

What is happening with olive oil? I went to sleep and woke up to find the price riding high. Let me try this canola oil, one of Canada’s big exports. Done. I’ve been using it for a week, and nobody is missing inflated olive oil. I ain’t going back, as they say in the movies. I’ll sit right here in canola Canada. Hey! It rhymes.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Internet Manners