Knife Cleaner and Pollution

A brush to clean knives. Are you kidding me?

Common sense is gone forever. That is why manufacturers make things we don’t need and tell us to buy them. We do, because we have ever ready cash called credit cards. I shudder to think of things I bought because I could, not because I needed them.

I did not buy what you see in this blog photo.  It’s a product to wash knives. Yes, knives. Ridiculous isn’t it? I became sad after taking a picture of this knife-scrubber because it is another man-made thing that will end up in the thrash can and finally the dumping site. It cannot be recycled because it was not born of this earth. It is not like that obese avocado seed women in Africa put in a jar full of water and leave on the kitchen window. They also stick two matchsticks on the seed if I remember correctly. After a while roots emerge and parents show kids how to transplant it back into the soil.

If I had bought the knife-scrubber, it would have joined the useless paraphenalia in kitchen drawers around here. Knife-scrubber? Not when I have all these knives I haven’t used in a long time because we don’t cut anything anymore. Our hands are too precious. That’s why we have potato-peelers, lemon-peelers, onion-peelers, carrot-peelers, garlic-peelers, need I go on?

Climate change, what climate change? This knife-scrubber was made in a factory. Water was used, dye was added and the dirty water was funneled into a river. Machines grunted and groaned and sent out smoke into the air. That smoke has names, for those scientifically-inclined. I never cared about climate change until I wore a mask during COVID-19. If the air we breathe is dirty, is there life at all?

Daddy, can we go out and play?

No honey. You can’t. The air is dirty.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Internet Manners