Chick Peas Coalition Soup


If hamburgers can have something called a hamburger helper, I don’t see why soups, salads and ground beef chili cannot have a helper. I’m talking about chick peas, the all-rounder. I understand they use them to make humus. I’ve never tasted it before. Chick peas were not part of our diet where I grew up. We ate beans we planted.

I usually cook more chick peas than required then keep the rest in the fridge, to top up whatever I’m cooking. Throw chick peas in your salad, instead of bread croutons. Make a smoothie if you like. Have them as a computer snack while you are working, instead of those salted nuts. Cashew nuts are expensive in Canada and U.S. I guess that’s why a friend hid the bottle when I stayed with her for a few days. That’s what friends are for, says the song, but whatever you do, don’t overstay your welcome.

NO NAME SOUP


I don’t have a recipe for this soup because it is a coalition, like a coalition of political parties. They usually come together if none of them won an election with a clear majority.

This soup is a coalition because I boiled the part of the chicken I don’t like to make chicken broth. I changed my mind mid-stream and decided to make soup by throwing in onion, tomatoes and potatoes. I added carrots lastly because I don’t  like overcooking them. I married the soup with chick peas and voila! The soup with no name.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Internet Manners