Bankrupt or Broke Family?

Broke are we? Update your C.V.

Bankrupt or broke? Same-o.  Same-o.

There will always be rich and poor because life is about opposites. There is the sun and there is the moon and these two circular objects will never meet and do lunch at the Claridges Hotel in Mayfair London, period.  Robert T. Kiyosaki even called his book Rich Dad Poor Dad.  I had a copy. I wonder who nicked it.

The rich are lucky. The government has their back. I am a billionaire, so I’ll just set up a foundation to help families with many kids who sleep together in the same bed, instead of sleeping with ten teddy bears like my only child. I don’t have to tell these poor folks that my foundation is a means to hide some money from the taxman.

I don’t mind what the rich do with their money, but I object to name calling.  Society calls me broke, if I’m short of cash, but rich people are called bankrupt. 

Governments love bankrupt people so much, they have all kinds of bankruptcy laws, which make it possible for them to close a factory today, lay off workers and start another one, with a different name within a year or so. 

But I don’t know any country with broke-ruptcy laws (this is not a typo).  Now, let’s break it down.  What is the definition bankruptcy?

Bankruptcy is a legal process that can provide relief to honest but unfortunate individuals who are unable to pay their debts.  Source:  Industry Canada website.

I should qualify for relief because I am honest. Unfortunate?  Maybe not.  I’m not that pathetic. The name calling is ironic in societies that claim that all men are created equal (they forgot women who keep babies in their wombs for nine months).  There is no equality if you call a pineapple a peach. 

We must compare pineapples with pineapples.  Broke is broke.  Don’t call it bankruptcy.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Internet Manners