Voting Facade

January 6 2021. Still unbelievable.

“I know how my neighbour will vote in November.”

“How? The vote is secret.”

“I just know, because of how he behaves.”

“It might be a facade.”

The November 5 presidential election in America is about one issue: America itself but the water has been ‘muddied’ into us and them: Democrats and Republicans. Donald Trump is the catalyst of the confusion and creeping distrust of the whole voting system, because he is running for self, not country.

Voters are not that innocent either, because some of them have a ‘Trumpish’ vein in their system. They judge people because of the outside facade.

My neighbour votes Republican because of the car he drives.

My neighbour votes Democrat because of the mess on his head.

My neighbour votes Republican because of the tattoo mess on his body.

My neighbour votes Democrat because of how his kids dress.

My neighbour votes Republican because of the beer he drinks.

My neighbour votes Democrat because she doesn’t eat meat.

The 5 November presidential election is like no other. There is no time to indulge in whatever facade like, previous elections. Both neighbours will vote for country. They want to die in peace, and testify on their death bed that they voted for country, not man.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Blogger Without Borders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

No Air Miles