Can I Use Your Phone?

No more helping strangers with my phone. They might have ulterior motives like scamming me. Let me be ruthless like the rest of the world.

Strangers on the road.

I met her on the road this afternoon. She said she forgot her phone in an Uber. I backed off when she came closer and I said no. I hurried away and she continued talking, something to the effect that she would not steal my phone.

The gall! See, she had evil intentions. Why would she say something like that? Anyway, I would have caught her, if she had tried to run away with my phone because she was short and heavier, body wise. I’m not perfect, but I have an exercise regime of some sort, although not like Angela Bassett’s, the actress.

That woman got me worried because she reminded me, that there is something wrong with me. Why do strangers approach me? Of all the people on the road, why me? Do I look like the helping kind? I’m very cautious now because I know more about scams and hackers, than I did two years ago. It was summer, a community event of some sort. A woman asked me to use my phone. Somebody had to pick her up and there was a misunderstanding about where and when.

I gladly obliged and she was very brief. Silly me. Maybe she was transferring my number to some digital dungeon. No more. No more Mr. Nice guy. That is why I said no, to that woman this afternoon.

“May I use your phone please?” Never fall for that line, from a stranger on the road. Tell them to find the nearest police station and make the call there. Scammers are ruthless, but it’s my fault. Why do I have a trusting face? Delete that, stupid face is more like it.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Blogger Without Borders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

No Air Miles