Re-Painting English

Book market at a nearby mall in September. Never understood the guy, anyway.

I have no allegiance to the English language. It is just a tool for asking for directions, for asking how much is this and that, for filing taxes, for fighting unwarranted bank interest, for reading about the state of the world, and for reacting to it through this blog.

I have no allegiance to the English language, but I have borrowed pain for it when it is kidnapped, butchered, gouged by the other presidential nominee. How? He claims his party is the ‘common sense’ party. I’ve always maintained that his supporters have no common sense, not after 6 January and the obvious reality that he is a one-man band. He is #1 to himself and all subsequent numbers. Instead of picking up on the sarcasm, he now claims to be leader of a ‘common sense’ party. I give up.

Second example. Genius. I call Georgia senators that are his co-defendants in The State of Georgia v Donald John Trump ‘genius’ because they are trying to throw out the case. They are accused of a conspiracy to steal the 2020 presidential election in Georgia. I also call Georgia GOP ‘genius’ because they used Trump’s lie to enact the Integrity Election Act, that makes it harder to vote.

Donald Trump is a ‘genius’ for trampling on voting road maps and the American justice system. A grade 5 child would see it for what it is: sarcasm. Not him. I’ve heard him countless times saying he’s a genius. I didn’t mean it in the dictionary sense, Genius. I give up.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Blogger Without Borders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

No Air Miles