Making a Podcast


I respect pod casters because I’m not stress resistant. I can only take a milligram of stress. A kilo will probably kill me.

I regard pod casts as mini movies because there are so many things to take care of, to make a podcast happen. I imagine they are stressful because podcast hosts usually wear so many hats: producer, director, cinematographer, sound, lighting, artistic director, computer editor, the whole pizza.

I won’t go into podcast configuration because I know zilch about the technology that makes podcast record and broadcast, but I know what I would stress about because pod casts are movies. I would worry about the following:

Pre-production: What? A big WHAT? Content for this week’s podcast. What will it be? Securing guests, merchandise, podcast support tools, clothes, make-up etc.

Production (shooting): no guests. What happened to this expert I was going to interview? He was supposed to be on standby at this desk or garage waiting for my green light? O.K. he’s there, but his kids are blowing up the whole place with drones, messing up the podcast sound.

Post production: The podcast left home. It’s out there. Reaction? Not one comment negative or otherwise. I got ten views. Likes and dislikes? None. They didn’t like it. How can I improve the podcast? Very difficult to figure out if I don’t know what viewers didn’t like. Useless self-torture if you ask me, because the internet is not scientific, despite what experts called ‘influencers’ tell you.

I’m sure I’ve missed many things to be stressful about. That is why I cannot survive having a podcast, although it is the future. I should know, I’m a written word blogger and reading is old school. There’s no two ways about it.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Internet Manners