Cash Only

 

A good Samaritan paid cash for people behind him in the line. The system was off line
 so we couldn't pay with our bank cards. You better believe it.

There’s still a small dose of human goodness out there, and it happened to me this morning. My two feet had the right of way, so was a school bus, which turned left into Main. I crossed the street but had a glance at it because it was very clean, vividly clean for this slushy time of the year.

Two kids waved at me all smiles.  I hesitated because I’m scared of mysteries, and kids are a beautiful mystery. I waved back, then more kids waved. I safely crossed, but I stood on the other side and replayed the song. Kids are pure. We are responsible for the contamination. We take a funnel and pour hate diesel down their minds. On November 30, Ethan Crumbley gunned down 4 students at Oxford High School in Detroit Michigan with a gun his father bought for him. His mother, Jennifer Crumbley showed him how to use it. She was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter on 6 February.

Bakery Good Samaritan

We stood in line at the bakery waiting to place orders when an assistant made the dreaded announcement: CASH ONLY. I remembered mama in her grave. She told me to always have cash on me. I had $10 but that was yesterday, which I used for tomatoes and apples. I turned to walk away but the guy before us turned and said he will pay cash for the people behind him. I thanked him profusely. Everybody was so grateful. We ended up thrashing technology, the big bad wolf. It made us addicts but left us in the lurch this morning.

I must say, I had a nice day, not the mechanical ‘have a nice day.’ A really nice day. It started with kids on a school bus and ended with an adult, the bakery good Samaritan.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers