Email is Suicide

Face to face might be old school, but it's safer than email.

The State of Georgia v. Donald John Trump is full of incriminating evidence for him and co-defendants. How? E-mails. How will they deny sending them to each other as part of the criminal ‘enterprise’ to overturn Georgia’s 2020 presidential election?

Electronic mail known as e-mail, is a means of communication. Plain English please. Sorry. E-mail is who told who, what and when. E-mail is suicide and it leads to obesity. We work in huge warehouses called offices. I have something to tell my colleague five desks down the corridor. I send him an e-mail instead of walking down to him. That is exercise.

We work together. We must talk to get the job done. If I walk to him, I will look him in the eye and explain the misunderstanding. He will give me his side of the story. I might even comment on the family photo on his desk. Instead of sending him an e-mail attachment, I’ll invite him to my desk to look at the hard copy of the pollution assessment. The matter might be settled in 30 minutes max, instead of a ping pong of 25 hostile e-mails.

Electronic Mail as Suicide

You don’t have to read the full indictment of Trump and his associates to understand why email is suicide. You have examples from work. You have done dirt and admitted it with two words in a e-mail: I concur. Email is used as evidence in labor tribunals and disciplinary hearings. You have been part of a poison e-mail chain to get rid of innocent colleagues. Before you type anything, remember you are digging your own grave with that e-mail.

What happened to walking down a short office corridor, knocking on a co-worker’s cubicle and saying: “Do you have a minute?”

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers