Google Owes Me $40


I needed a new phone because the guy at the phone booth said my old phone was swelling, just about to burn up. I didn’t trust him. I don’t trust any salesman or woman because it’s their job, to convince me to buy, buy, buy.

I listened to him because my HTC phone once burned in my pocket. What is so hot in there? I put my hand in my jacket and my phone was hot like a burning piece of wood, and I know how hot that is because I grew up in a part of the world where people make fire on the ground. I dived into a nearby mall and they told me I needed a new phone.

Fast forward to 2024, I believed that guy and signed up for a new phone. He told me he had a special rate on a Google phone. I was not impressed. Google has no business making phones. It is good for lasagna recipes and how to boil an egg, for those cooking handicapped. Anyway, I’m always on a tight budget so I took the phone. In fact my last phone, an LG was also on special when I bought it a few years ago. I was also skeptical because LG made refrigerators and microwave ovens. Why did you take it then? Tight budget, the story of my life.

To cut a long story short, I took the Google phone only to get home and discover that it doesn’t have a little hole, where I can push in my headphones. Aaah!  Aaah! I went back to the phone booth at the mall. The phone company guy said the cellphone industry stopped making such headphones many years ago. That’s why the guy who sold me the phone didn’t point that out. He assumed I knew. But, that same guy told me LG no longer makes phones. I wanted another LG because of the incredible photos. Most of the pics you see in this blog are LG generated. Equally, he should have told me that the Google phone doesn’t have that little hole for headphones.

To cut the now short story even shorter, I’m just back from the mall. I found headphones made by Google $40.31 and they have a USB port. What is a USB? I know what it is but the point is: sales assistants must not assume that everybody knows what is happening in technology. That is why Google owes me $40.31. What am I supposed to do with all my old headphones? Bad news for the environment. I must throw them out.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers