Cellphones Replace Two Ears


Youth suicide caused by the internet?

That’s right.

What did the guest speaker say about it?

Lots man.

Like what?

You want to hear for yourself? I taped it.

Cellphones make listening redundant to the point of being dismissed as boring or nerdy. Don't you have anything better to do? Cellphones are our eyes and ears. They establish certain facts. You were present at the event. This is what the speaker was wearing. There were many people. Incidentally, they also had their phones raised up high.

Cellphones have replaced the two ears. I’m saying ‘two’ because one is back-up. Obviously, both of them are not working, if I don’t listen. That’s why mama used to tug them. No, it was not child abuse. The person who taped the guest speaker’s remarks about youth suicide because of online activity did not listen. He made a video. Then here’s the irony. He’s willing to let his friend listen to it. How is it possible when he didn’t listen to the speaker, himself?

I don’t listen myself. That’s why I seldom open transcripts. I should. I must because of the long journey and ensuring art work. Original remarks are garnished, cropped, tweaked, pruned and air-brushed as they tour Twitter, podcasts and the standard 4-people television analysts.

If I cannot open a two page transcript, how can I read U.S. and Canadian Supreme Court decisions? That’s too deep. How about replaying what Stephen A. said at the Sherri Shepherd television show before rehashing botched artwork, that he loves Beyonce and hates Rihanna?

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers