Cellphone Garage Sale


Garage sales are for things we don’t like anymore. They are called yard sales in other countries because you put the fondue set, waffle maker, pasta maker, printer, cameras etc. on tables in front of your house.

I’m contemplating a cellphone garage sale, where I will display my previous phones, except one which caught fire. It didn’t catch fire, but it was so hot, I felt it through my jacket pocket. I went to a phone store near work and the assistant sadly looked at me and said my phone was old. He explained many reasons why it was hot but I only caught one. Over heating. I told him I charged it overnight for all the four years I had it. His eyes went sad again.

It’s not funny. I learned the hard way, but I didn’t see any reason to get a new phone when my HTC was still producing incredible photos, making and receiving calls. That's why I signed up for another HTC. Back to today's blog content. I’m thinking of having a cellphone garage sale because I had three phones after the ALMOST FIRE incident.

Yes. I’ll put them on a little folding table. I’m not like @mkbhd, the American YouTube tech falcon. He’ll need a whole neighborhood block to hold a garage sale because he started studying phones and other tech stuff, when he was a school kid.

Potential customers at my garage sale will enjoy the visit because I’ll give them a personal history of the 3 phones: when and where I lived, worked, what was happening in my life, that sort of thing. After the monologue, visitors will probably say: Do you really want to part with these phones?

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers