The Evil Eye

Where are my glasses?

Eyes make us safe because we can see where we're going. 
They also send messages how we feel about strangers on the bus.

I need my glasses to think aloud, by writing this blog. That is what my blogs are, thinking aloud. I found them but I seldom think about the eye itself because I hated Biology. The eye in books was enlarged and had arrows pointing at it east and west.

But I should be more appreciative of the eye’s composition because it determines existence. How? It shuts itself at night and opens at the crack of dawn to heed the call of cocks announcing a new day.

What we call night and day is based on the eye’s gymnastics. Insomnia is bad news. It means something in the brain is affecting its ability to shut down. There’s saying: let me get some shut-eye.

What also sends messages to the eye are feelings. I can never forget the eye a supervisor gave me in one job. She had never laid eyes on me but I felt the hate in her eyes. I shouldn’t have taken that job, but I was hired by the general manager based on my qualifications and experience. The hater fired me after a year.

What is a gut feeling? After that experience, I don’t go by it. I go by emissions from one’s eyes. Hate from strangers leaves us confused. I’m sure you’ve had your own share.

But there’s consolation. Kids in strollers are strangers. They don’t know you from Adam but their eyes light up when they see you at the mall or on the bus.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers