Letter From The Bank Trouble

Lewis Hamilton, Formula 1 super star doesn't get letters from the bank for obvious reasons.

Everything is electronic now. Therefore, you are in trouble when the bank takes a sheet of paper with its letterhead, prints a letter, drops the envelope in the old school mailbox and sends it to you.

‘Our records indicate that we have not …….’

I will let your imagination finish the sentence. Experience actually, because you have also received such love letters from banks before, unless you are Meghan Markle, who had her own serious money before she got married, and still has. That’s why she should continue to wear whatever fashion designer she fancies.

Back to the bank’s love letter. The records indicate I have not paid because I don’t have it, something I told the bank when it enticed me with the card that reflects my lifestyle. I resisted the offer because I have a life, not a lifestyle.  

Lifestyle is what people like Lewis Hamilton or Tyler Perry have. It’s a style that makes them clueless to the question ‘How much do you have in your cheque account?’ $140.03. You know yours!!!

Welcome to the club, my club with members that know their bank balance so that they are not embarrassed at the drugstore/chemist when they swipe their cards for cough mixture or bok choy. We know our bank balance because we always have an excuse when friends and colleagues suggest trying out a new restaurant that just opened down the road.

‘Our records indicate that we have not …….’

Your records will just have to wait. I don’t have money for that lifestyle card. I took it because I was tired of making excuses for not taking part in fun-filled activities. I have money for bread and butter issues like transport, food and shelter, so I’ll manage.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers