Peeling Fruit and Humans

Kiwi. Colonization was a free supermarket for the Royal Navy. They found 'free fruit' 
and took it back to England. History books call it Fruit From The Empire.

I don’t eat fruit with the skin on
. It’s a death sentence for women when men refuse to use protection at night. Women allow it out of love or having no choice, because they are married. Some men step out a lot but still refuse to protect wives from diseases they collect in the wilderness. Mothers become infected, die and leave orphans behind.

Nature wraps fruit in skins to preserve the goodness inside. Animals know the secret. That’s why they don’t peel fruit, just unleash the chomp chomp chomp! It’s not necessary, unless it’s pineapple or kiwi. I don’t have time, otherwise I’ll do research and see if the Guinness Book of Records has any person who has eaten pineapple without peeling it.

I love oranges but I think twice about eating them. Messy comes to mind, from cutting them to taking the first bite. I also avoid wearing white tops because orange stains are stubborn. What is funny though is that I don’t peel mango. I don’t regard the juice that snakes down my hand as messy. I lick it then take another bite.

Peaches have a fur coat but there’s no need to peel them. We can’t avoid peeling paw paw, but there comes a time when we peel off people because they are detrimental to the juice inside the paw paw: our sanity.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers