Short Term 2023 Resolutions

Resolution to eating healthier is a pipe dream during lay-offs or failed self-employment.

I went to the bank to check my short term resolution. I stopped making full new year resolutions many moons ago when I realized that I’m living my destiny. This is it.

I switched to short term resolutions because everything we do is short term. Life is short term. We might not wake up in the morning or we might be killed by a guy texting and cycling on the pavement.

My short term resolutions are in line with life. There are short term car rentals, short term rental apartments, short term office staff, short term pastors and short term loans, which brings me to the reason why I went to the bank.

Should I delete that? Too late, now you know I’m broke because only broke people line up at the bank when there’s internet banking. I won’t mention the wealthy Tedola and Dangote families in Nigeria. They must have an army of people babysitting their money.

Well! I went to the bank to clear a misunderstanding and I was happy that the line was long. It means I’m in good company, the section of humanity familiar with a bank misunderstanding. You can interpret that any way you like. It won’t bother me.

I went to the bank to clear the misunderstanding because it affects my 2023 short term resolutions. They need money. I stopped the full year resolutions because the money supply kept shrinking. Here we are, same problem with short term resolutions.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers