Software Updates Mess Up Work Layout

Photo credit: online pic.
Computers crashed because of software update, disrupting travel at major airports.

Friday, 19 July 2024

“A faulty software update caused technological havoc worldwide on Friday, grounding flights, knocking down some financial companies and news outlets, and disrupting hospitals, small businesses and government offices.”

I pulled this quote from an online source because I’m not a tech person, as my top 10 readers probably know. They might remember some posts about my aversion to software updates. Quite frankly, I’m not even sure I know what software is. My understanding is that it’s something they put inside a phone or computer to make it work. I know what hardware is because if I hit you with an iPad, blood will flow because it is hard.

I don’t like software updates because they disrupt the layout of my computer or phone. I can’t find things. The software asks me questions I cannot answer because I’m not a M.I.T. computer science graduate or a hacker. What happened yesterday at affected airports around the world was caused by a software update, something people clueless about technology can relate to.

Was the update even necessary? Ask tech gurus. They have the answers. They are also aware that we don’t like updates from Microsoft and the whole tech brotherhood. That’s why they used to ask us when we want updates activated.

Do you want to activate updates now or later?

Not anymore, they force them down our throats. Talk about technology dictatorship on top of bank and government autocracy.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Blogger Without Borders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

No Air Miles