Shrimp and Sweets

Sweet potatoes. Leave skin on. Your body needs some roughage. 

Shrimp was on sale yesterday. That’s why I bought it. It’s an acquired taste for me. I don’t find anything ‘fishy’ about it but it is fish I guess, because of the air in the kitchen when I’m cooking it.

The only good thing about shrimp is the natural handle. You pick it up and eat. Apparently, shrimp is not born equal. There are tiny ones restaurants put in shrimp cocktail and jumbo shrimp. Size doesn’t matter really. I just think shrimp is nothing to write home about. Talking about home, here is a recipe for those who feel otherwise.

1. Wash sweet potatoes thoroughly, to remove sand.

2. Leave purple skin on, or orange skin if you bought orange ones.

3. Slice sweet potatoes and steam them.

4. Boil them for 8m max, if you don’t have a steamer.

5. Toss shrimp in margarine or canola oil.

6. Add dill/parsley or any green spice mix.

7. Stir fry shrimp for 3m.

8. Mash sweet potatoes.

9. Eat.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Blogger Without Borders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

No Air Miles