Nikki Haley My Lips Are Sealed

Rena Haley, Nikki Haley's daughter with her husband Joshua Jackson.

Below is an old blog 26 May 2024. Nikki Haley probably had terms and conditions. Donald Trump probably said: Hell no!

----------------------------------

There was a deal. I don’t know what Donald Trump promised Nikki Haley to convince her to come back home in prodigal daughter fashion, because Mama said eavesdropping is rude. The thing is, Nikki Haley never left because like all family members, she does not denounce the 6 January 2021 insurrection. A Trump endorsement is an endorsement for the violation of the Capitol. The two are like the tongue and saliva. Inseparable.

The deal. Allow me to pretend I’m a speck of dust in some of the conversations Nikki Halley had with Donald Trump.

Donald Trump: People voting for you in primaries embarrasses me.

Nikki Haley: What do you want Donald?

Donald Trump: Say it. Tell Americans you endorse me.

Nikki Haley: No can’t do. You don’t need me, remember?

Donald Trump: I’ll make you Vice President.

Nikki Haley: I want something higher.

Higher? What could that be? Go figure. Common sense tells me such a conversation did not happen for the simple reason that Nikki Haley does not have anything to batter with. She cannot promise Donald Trump something she doesn’t have.

She was off the presidential race but some Republicans still voted for her in the primaries. Why? It was a common sense vote against Donald Trump, not for her. It was a vote for America, to say we do not endorse what he did to our country on 6 January 2021. Incidentally, Nikki Haley was very big on ‘our country’ during the campaign. Yes, other candidates also used ‘our country’ but from what I remember, she used it more generously than others.

There’s no deal. Nikki Haley doesn’t have any voters to trade. She’ll be in front of microphones again and ‘convince’ her voters to vote for Trump? Does that make sense?

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Blogger Without Borders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

No Air Miles