I Was A Doubting Thomas

Canada. The DNC in Chicago, August 19-22 featuring Kamala Harris and Tim Walz, her running mate, also made headlines across the border.

I must admit I was skeptical about Kamala Harris stepping into President Biden shoes, but I had my reasons.

First of all, after what happened to Hilary Clinton in 2016, I had concluded that America was not ready for a Madame President. I didn’t see any advantage Kamala Harris would have over Hilary Clinton, a household name and a former first lady. With due respect Clinton is qualified in her own right.

Secondly, my skepticism came from something we cannot take for granted. What is it? Voters. I thought the bulk of voters will do a ‘Nikki Haley somersault’ and punish the Democratic Party for nudging Joe Biden out. Far from it. They have embraced Kamala Harris like parents of a small kid frightened by lightning in the middle of the night. He walks to their bed and inserts himself in between them. They cover him with their warm arms and they all sleep soundly until the cock crows, good morning.

Conclusion

I’m no longer a doubting Thomas about the Kamala Harris and Tim Walz package. The insane delegate pledging by the 50 states at the DNC in Chicago, blew my mind. It was a feast for the eyes and the mind (great speakers). Yes ‘insane.’ That is how kids talk, insane means wonderful, good, spectacular.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Blogger Without Borders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

No Air Miles