My Apologies Sisters

Will grow up to be gentlemen like daddy.

I like it when a man opens the car door for me. Gives me a chance to say thank you, like mama taught me.

Oops! My sisters in crime will maul me for saying that. Maybe I should wait until I buy the whole Colorado Buffaloes football gear: vests, leggings, shoulder pads and the helmet, to protect myself. I must also buy a Coach Prime hoodie to hide my face from shame, but I will still put this post in the mail.

1. I like it when a man pulls the chair for me at a public place.

2. I like it when we are on the pavement, and a man walks on the road side. It first happened in Harlem N.Y. I asked Carl why he did it. He said to protect me from cars. Oooh! Sista sista! Isn’t that cute?

3. I like it when a man opens the door in a building, steps aside to let me in first. It enables me to concentrate on what is before me while he covers my back. It is also for selfish reasons, to make a statement that the fine wine behind me is mine for the day. Unfortunately, it’s like that with men, one day at a time. Tomorrow is not promised, to quote a song by Nigerian musician Kizz Daniel.

4. I like it when I ask a man to text me the event address so that we can meet there and he says: “How about if I pick you up?”

5. I like it when a man looks at me across the crowded room and I know it’s time to go home.

Your place or mine? Very important. Yes I have a car. I just love the way he makes me feel in public.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Blogger Without Borders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

No Air Miles