Lies and Deception. Twins.

 

This water is blue. Is it? Yes, if my favourite politician says it is.

"You cannot say that online. It will be lying.”

“Correction. It’s not.”

“What is it then?”

“The intention is to deceive.” 

Semantics. Lying and deception, same-o same-o. There are cameras everywhere because we have the  propensity to lie that we were not speeding. We did not rob people on the pavement when we did. That is pure unadulterated lies.

Whereas with deception, the soil must be rich enough to receive the seeds, the lie. They use manure in rural areas, lay it on top of the field. Rain comes, making the soil ready and willing. They use pesticides in countries labelled ‘developed.’ What’s your point? My point is that I should be partial to being deceived. I should entertain it. I should want it.

Politicians know the colour of water. Wait. You said water is colourless in a previous blog. Did I? In a glass yes, but it depends where it is. You need to fly to Lesotho, a country surrounded by South Africa. Water coming down Lesotho mountains is clear and cold. How clear? Clear as in clear, but the water you see in the Mississippi River, Hudson River, uThukela in Zululand, the Seine in France or the Assiniboine River in Manitoba is brown, muddy. I’m well-travelled. Well! Not exactly. Let’s just say I love looking at videos of rivers and oceans where the water is blue. I find it incredible.

Which brings us to lies politicians tell. The intention is to deceive because they know that the colour of water, lies in the eyes of the beholder, if I may tweak the English proverb.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Blogger Without Borders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

No Air Miles