Technology and Football Coaches

It's all love. Best 2023 photo of college football, Shedeur Sanders and Caleb Williams.

The YouTube technology falcon @mkbhd, reviews everything technological. He looks at phones, computers, headphones, home security systems, luxury cars, you name it. If it has T on it, @mkbhd is in there. I swear product development managers at Google, Microsoft, Apple, Samsung and Tesla have his number on speed dial.

I need some advice on American football and coaches in particular. I’m sure @mkbhd understands their headphones. They have a microphone attached so I assume it is for talking to players. I’m in a quandary. I’m new to American football and Deion Sanders ‘Coach Prime’ must take the blame. How I came to be a fan is a long story, but I’m in it now, as in addiction, but in a nice way, nothing illegal. Problem is, I don’t understand all the paraphernalia, starting with the coaches’ headphones.

I just discovered something called ‘play calling.’ I was a little bit confused because I thought Coach Prime works like English football coaches, who design the strategy for each game. I assumed he tells Shedeur Sanders to throw the ball over there, if a player is open. Open? That’s easy, even for me. I’m a slow learner but I’ve improved my vocabulary. Shedeur Sanders and USC Caleb Williams are quarterbacks, not throwers as I used to call them. My bad.

I digress. Where was I? Yes, play calling. I was disappointed to learn that someone else tells players what to do on the field. But how? Remember, I have a jaundiced view, because of soccer. This is where @mkbhd comes in. He must explain how play calling works.

Quite frankly, it dampened my spirits. I’m very simplistic. Every time Colorado Buffaloes lose, I say this is impossible. Coach Prime played the game. He should have known 1+2 would lead to 3. Little did I know about play calling.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers