Shedeur Sanders Penny For Your Thoughts

Shedeur and 'Pops.' Photo Credit: online pic.

Shedeur Sanders, premier quarterback for Colorado Buffaloes was in pain last week, after being hurt in the game against Washington State Cougars.

No word of comfort can dull the pain from his body. Doctors will give him something to fix it, but they cannot prescribe something for his thoughts. Thinking is painful. It can be throbbing, like an old clock. Tick. Tick. Tick. Thinking does not understand that yesterday is the past, gone, and cannot change today. Shedeur Sanders was one of the most sacked quarterbacks this football season, but he cannot dwell on that.

That’s easier sad that done. He also thinks about street proofing he got from his father Deion Sanders, a football legend. Parents in desert places street proof kids about the sand, scarcity of water and tired camels. In cold countries, kids are taught how to live and play in the snow. In some countries, girls are warned never to respond to strange men in a car. In other countries, kids are taught martial arts at an early age.

Shedeur Sanders got football street proofing at an early age, because his father, who is in the annals of NFL Hall of Fame, coached him. Shedeur put that to good use in Game 1, against TCU in Texas. He played more games, things got tougher but he still retrieved the street proofing. Shedeur should not be thinking about yesterday and what went wrong, because it affects today. I’m the last person to give advice because I could not do it. I told the thinking to leave me alone, but it kept re-visiting.

The workplace can be a swamp of hate. In one job, everybody closed in on me because I wanted to correct a ‘tradition’ that was morally and financially wrong. I had blinding headaches because I kept thinking about it, even when I was driving, which put other drivers at risk. I asked my doctor for painkillers. She refused. ‘You just have to stop thinking about your boss.’ I hope Shedeur Sanders can stop thinking about it, because he cannot stop certain things in his line of work. Which is? American football.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers