Sports Illustrated Thanks For Coach Prime

Coach Prime and the 'luggage.' It exploded during Colorado's opening game with TCU.

Thanks Sports Illustrated for the Coach Prime honours. Really appreciated. Your magazine supplemented the American football education I got from my main teacher Tik Tok @thaddboii. I thought NIL was a U.S. submarine or something. He schooled me well.

Below is the old blog about my football ignorance 8 September 2023.

Why am I writing about American football, a sport I know nothing about, except for the poor man running with the ball and others hot on his heels? I blame ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith for this mess, courtesy of the internet conveyor belt.

1. He made comments - as per his job description - about how Boston Celtics fired Ime Udoka, their basketball coach.

2. He was misquoted because the internet diatribe regards everything you say as a buffet. It takes one shrimp and runs with it.

3. I pointed out that he was quoted out of context, then I ended up getting Stephen A. Smith stuff. One of them was Coach Prime selling out the Spring Game. Who is Coach Prime and where is Colorado?

4. I also started getting stuff from people who were mad at this Coach Prime fellow for leaving Jackson State University for Colorado University. They accused him of leaving an HBCU institution in the lurch.

5. Because of how the internet works, I started getting #thaddboii Tik Tok and YouTube football skits. Brilliant writer. Making online drama is not as easy as it looks. He loves the game and he’s a great impersonator and he does an almost perfect Coach Prime. But, I don’t like the way he treats Donovan.

6. The rest is history. I started reading everything about this man, who is Deion Sanders on his birth certificate.

7.  And here we are. I am rooting for Colorado Buffaloes, the team he’s coaching when I know jack about American football, but I like what I see. Travis Hunter doesn’t like clutter. He believes in lost and found. On September 2, during Colorado’s game with TCU, there was a ball that was lost in the air, wandering about aimlessly. He rescued it with a dive. That’s right. Neatness is a virtue. I don’t know what his position is. From what I learned from #thaddboii, a QB is a quarter back. It seems very important. Shedeur Sanders threw the ball far away, which means a quarter back is the guy that throws.

There’s so much to learn in these American football classes I’m taking. I’m determined to hang in there. I want to support the man who supports young men who help themselves. Deion Sanders invited #thaddboii to Mississippi for one of the Tigers' games. What does that do to a young man? Boost his confidence. “I’m coming to rebuild, restore, replace. I'm coming.”

What is a snap? Snapping my fingers? I don’t think so. Classes resume tomorrow when Colorado Buffaloes host Nebraska.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers