Gym Discipline Has Rewards

The body tells the story of what we eat, and we cannot lie 
about exercise. It will give us away.

We may not want to admit it but the beer gut or hanging jiggle jiggle belly is proof of purchase. I was caught red handed at the grocery store last week. I stared at her hanging garden and got consoled. My belly is better than hers.

Meaning? It’s smaller. Sounds crazy right? Proof of purchase is exactly that, proof that I purchased things that are injurious to the belly. My apologies. I’m conceited. It’s like a 5 cigarettes a day smoker saying his lungs are in a better shape than his wife’s who inhales 10.

The proof of purchase are items that are savory, cheesy, melt in your mouth, buttery. How can I put it? Tasty. I purchase them to keep body and soul together.

Hunger pangs must be pacified. I eat when I’m hungry because I have a very assertive stomach. It growls when I ignore it. Colleagues tend to be insensitive and ask: Is that your tummy?

I guess we can understand that, but when at what point does it get to the hanging belly stage? Appreciation I guess. I appreciate good things in life and I purchase, cook and eat them. Maybe I over-eat a little. That’s not a nice word. Let’s just say I dabble in second helpings.

Having said that, I must stop accusing other folks, that their proof of purchase is bigger than mine. Solution? Don’t purchase anything, drink water and munch lettuce.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers