Boulder USC Game Try Airbnb Hotels Full


old post 4 August 2023, about hotel accommodation scarcity because of Deion Sanders' I BELIEVE, Playbook.

Because of the ‘Coach Prime’ effect, the first two Colorado University football team games are sold out. I’m assuming ticket holders also made hotel bookings. If not, they’ll be forced to find alternative hotels outside Boulder City, or Airbnb places.

I don’t know much about Airbnb, just the basics, that you rent out your home for a specific period. To educate myself, I also watch some YouTube videos about buying property to live in or rent out. I thought about Airbnb this week because of an international sports event that’s going on, in our city. One family had the shock of their lives when they saw the Airbnb. It was a dump, nothing like what was advertised online. So what’s new? That disappointment dates back, long before Airbnb was born. Great holiday resort photos, only to find rooms with peeling paint.

There’s a lot of information online about how Airbnb works. I have not tapped into it for two reasons. I prefer hotels and Bed and Breakfast (United Kingdom) for peace of mind and the full breakfast of course. Because it is so fulfilling, you don’t have to worry about lunch.  Maybe, just a snack as you do sightseeing. Some hotels even provide a brown bag lunch with fruit and yogurt.

Secondly, there are many things I wouldn’t know about Airbnb. The house might be nice and clean but how about the neighborhood? Is the rental car safe? Do neighbors know it's an Airbnb? Are grocery stores far from the house? Does the house smell of smoke, fish or stuff people burn for religious purposes?

There are answers to all these questions and I’ll find them if I ever get interested in Airbnb. I’ll stick to hotels for now, with their long lines for check-in and check-out.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers