Star Wars and My Phone


I didn’t fully understand artificial intelligence until I read a novel, that will remain anonymous. What? It’s not a person, so you can’t say it’s anonymous. Semantics my dear, just semantics.

I understand there are Star Wars fanatics, the same way there are The Godfather; Antoine Fuqua’s Training Day; Spike Lee’s Malcolm X, Ryan Coogler’s Black Panther movie, Mr. Bean, Harry Potter or Pulp Fiction fanatics. Star Wars club members embraced the advent of the cellphone because they believe in the impossible. Some of it has come to pass in this device.

I’m not into sci-fi, so I ignore everything Star Wars.  I’m a very practical person. That’s why I watch if cars will stop after lights turned red giving me, the great pedestrian to right to cross the road. The world is complicated as it is, with the weather forecast promising sunny skies, and nature delivers hailstorms that destroys all cars in a parking lot.

If I paid attention to Star Wars, I would understand all the artificial intelligence happening in my phone. I’m not @mkbhd the YouTube tech falcon, who understands this spy, and that is what artificial intelligence is, a spy.

I need to work on my zero imagination deficiency so that I can enjoy all the features in my phone and stop worrying about the Star Wars original space ship.  Did it stop at a gas station to fill up, did the crew drink water, did they use the bathroom, did they have plumbers on speed dial to fix toilets and kitchen sinks, did they have alarm clocks to wake them up?

Back to reality. Why am I getting calls from Europe and Asia?

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers