No Pets and Laptops Allowed in This Eatery


Pets and laptops are home-based. That's why most people leave them at home and don't force them on other people in public places. 

Figures are not in yet but restaurants are losing a fortune because y’all take computers to restaurants, order a cup of coffee and sit there for hours. In fact, restaurants should post signs at the door. Why not? There are all kinds of exclusionary signs in shopping malls and restaurants. 

“Shoes must be worn at all times.”

“No pets allowed.”

“This is a smoke-free establishment.”

“Management reserves the right of entry.”


What I would like to see is, “No laptop computers allowed in this restaurant.” I run away from my computer on a daily basis using all kinds of excuses. I need some fresh air. I must go to my mailbox to collect traffic violations. I must go to the bank to ask them why there’s no money in my account when I thought I had $50 left. I need cranberry juice and bread. 


I therefore do not understand why we must wait outside in the sun for 30 minutes for a table, because three tables are taken by three people who are checking their mail or are on-line chatting with people they are not supposed to chat with, since they have a live-in chat at home.  It’s enough to drive a maitre ‘d pazzo (mad in Italian).


Nonqaba waka Msimang

Blogger Without Borders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

No Air Miles