Last Will and Testament Passwords


When last did you update your will? Maybe I should not ask such a question on a Monday because it’s a reality check day, after peeling off all the fun things we do on weekends, to prolong our truth. You mean being broke? Naaa! Because billionaires have worse problems than us. First things first. There must be a will, to be updated.

“I don’t have a will. I don’t have anything to leave for anybody.”

“I don’t have a will. I’m too young for that.”

“I don’t have a will. The divorce settlement will take care of it.”

You have a phone. Therefore, you must have a will because phones and laptops are included in wills. I was looking for some documents yesterday when I found my will. It’s not long, just two blocks, not 20.  Do I look like Mark Zuckerberg, to you? So, I re-read it and I saw this, about the trustee, the person who will take care of things the ‘deceased’ left behind. I guess that would be me. I’ll have a new name.

1. To access, modify, delete, control and transfer my digital assets, and

2. To obtain, access, modify, delete and control my passwords and other electronic credentials associated with my hardware devices and digital assets described above.

Yes, I trust the trustee to listen to my will, follow it to the letter, but how would he/she know my passwords? Remember, they are a big secret, hidden from husbands, wives, girlfriends and boyfriends.

CONCLUSION

Cellphones, laptops and other digital toys control life so much, they are included in the will, under the section: digital assets. I guess we must admit that it is a “till death do us part” situation.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Blogger Without Borders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

No Air Miles