Phones As Love Tracking Devices


Cellphones. They are indispensable during emergencies. That’s why kids have them at an early age, to call parents if there’s a problem. Unfortunately, we also use phones as a tracking device. Where are you? What are you doing? I hear voices, who’s in the car with you?

You wrong Nonqaba. We use phones to show how much we love our husbands and boyfriends. What wives and girlfriends don’t know, is we know they are are calling. How? Irritation, men’s faces collapse like souffle. Some male co-workers complain about the frequency. Example.

1. The traffic is bumper to bumper. I think I’ll be late to the girl’s night out. 6.05 p.m.

2. I’ve just parked. I’ll take the elevator to the restaurant. 6.15 p.m.

3. I’m here now and guess what? Joy and Bree are not here. I’m not the only one who is late. 6.25 p.m.

4. We are having drinks while waiting for our food. 6.35 p.m.

5. Honey, I left a plate in the microwave oven for you 6.45 p.m.

6. Oh! My! God! Honey, guess what? You don’t want to guess? 6.55 p.m.

7. The jollof rice is not as good as at our regular restaurant in Brooklyn. 7.10 p.m.

8. I miss you. Hello! Honey. Honey. Are you still there? 7.25 p.m.

(Her friends stop eating and look at her).

“What’s wrong?”

“He switched off his phone.”

(The girls fall on top of each other laughing).

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers