Cameramen Are Dictators

I'm always surprised when people are happy to see me taking pics.

We 'pose' for pictures. That’s why our smiles are stiff like corn on the cob. We can’t even call them smiles because they don’t reach the eyes. Most girls wish for fame and fortune. Only a few are chosen, and embrace it all, including marching to photographers’ orders on the red carpet.

1. This way Gabs.

2. To the left Gabs.

3. Over here Gabs.

4. Give us some ass Gabs.

5. Show that slit Gabs.

6. Your arm around her Ru.

7. Give her a kiss Ru.

They are not convincing photos, unlike a baby’s smile which covers the whole face. What are babies thinking when they see us? By us, I mean home tenants and outsiders. Most mothers at the mall or any other public space laugh when their babies are happy to see me. I get confused, but they give me the nod and I smile back. We don’t give women enough credit for getting pregnant, give birth to a healthy mite, feed it with their milk, then nurture it with so much love, it spreads that happiness to strangers at the mall.

Maybe I’m judging photographers harshly when I say they shout orders at celebrities on the read carpet. Maybe it’s because both parties understand it’s just a show, that didn’t end when the director inserted THE END. Maybe both parties know that they need each other, like little birds that sit on the elephant and scratch it, since big brother is too big to lift a finger to scratch the itch.

Photographers’ demands can ruin a photo, asking models to laugh unrealistically. Let people be natural in photo shoots, like Pampers’ babies.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers