Zulu Lesson Behind

What happened to my DVD? Somebody close to me nicked it.

Behind is emuva in Zulu. One of my favourite baseball movies about the Negro Leagues, is Don’t Look Back, starring Lou Gossett Jr.

I’m right behind you.

The broom is behind the door.

She’s in the back yard.

He came behind me. 

Rosa Parks refused to move to the back of the bus. We learned about her in the American History class. When I was a student in New York, I took the bus with a friend. There were no seats in front so I walked towards the back. She told me to stop right there. ‘We don’t have to move to the back anymore.’ Some things are indelible in my mind.

Some kids are forced to repeat a class because they have low grades. They are behind in the learning process. Parents must be vigilant, otherwise they’ll find that their kids are in special classes that are all black, because they’re ‘disruptive.’

Once upon a time in Africa, men and women did not hold hands. The husband walked confidently in front to protect the family from animal danger, while wives followed behind. The younger generation makes fun of it. They say there are no lions to conquer, so they hold hands like Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

E-mu-va. You say the first part like air, the second like move and the last like valve.

ENGLISH

ZULU

I’m behind you in the line.

Ngisemuva kwakho.

Move to the back.

Hamba uye emuva.

The broom is behind the door.

Umshanelo unge muva komnyango.

They are behind by 15 kilometers.

Bange muva ngo 15 kilometers.

David is my past.

Davide ingemuva lami.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers