Women Shop @ Men's Stores for Quality

Ladies, sneakers are unisex. Nobody will know you bought 
that good pair from the men's department.

No. They are not buying things for brothers, boyfriends or husbands. They are shopping for themselves because they got the memo that men’s clothes last longer because they are made with better fabrics (materials).

I can vouch for it. The sandals I use at home came from a men’s department. I combed many stores looking for leather sandals with a price within my budget. It was self torture. After futile searches, I threw in the towel and walked into a men’s corner in one store. Voila! I found the ideal pair and we live happily ever after, around the house.

Another example are my cotton P.J’s I got from a department store in Toronto many years ago. I left the city and drifted away to another part of the world. When I went back for a brief visit, I went to the massive shopping mall. Bad news! That store closed its doors.

The P.J’s are still alive and sleeping, and have not lost a single button although the stripes are faded. I won’t stop prowling around men’s departments. The tailoring on jackets and coats is neat, solid, no buttons tottering about like lilies in the wind.

Today I wore one of my finds, a jogging suit I use for lounging at home. Two years ago, a store display caught my eye. I walked in and asked for ‘small’ size. I paid and we live happily ever after.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers