Sexual Harassment By Women


I don’t have ESPN, but I will put my head on the block and say the woman I saw fixing Stephen A. Smith’s shirt, is his First Take co-host. It appeared on my timeline because I’ve written a few pieces about his take on how Bolton Celtics handled the Ime Udoka case.

A sexual harassment accusation at work is a man’s worst nightmare. That’s why most male colleagues have sealed their mouths with duck tape. They don’t comment on anything a woman is wearing. ‘You look good’ is definitely a no, no! Some of them don’t even look women in the eye, in case it drops on a body part.

That’s why I was concerned the way the co-host left her desk, went over to Stephen A. Smith, uprooted his shirt lapels from under the jacket and arranged them on top. He even joked about it and said his shirt is new. It is a floral shirt but yellow is quite dominant.

This can’t be happening. I was mesmerized. She was too close. She touched his body. She wanted to open the top button but he balked. Please don’t shoot me and say it’s just two colleagues that work well together. If Stephen A. Smith had come that close and touched the part under her chin, he would be in Ime Udoka’s shoes right now, suspended with the inevitable termination.

Sexual harassment. Women cannot have it both ways. Male colleagues walk on egg shells around them. Women should also respect male counterparts and keep six feet away from them. No touching. One guy on YouTube said women do not touch men accidentally. Definitely no hugging, let alone adjust his shirt on national television because there’s one destination for tv now. Online. That is how I saw  Stephen A. Smith receiving some unsolicited nurturing.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers