Time Less

 


ME: Excuse me, what’s the time?

YOU: I don’t know.

ME: But you’re wearing a watch.

YOU: It’s digital.

Digital means the watch face is busy, too much detail and you don’t know how to find the real time. But why ask for time, don’t you have a cellphone? It’s still a pick-up line, believe it or not.

Who doesn’t have a cellphone in 2023? Even dogs of Hollywood parents know what time it is because they have cellphones, in addition to their jackets, boots, therapy sessions and spa treatments.

That’s not the point. The problem is over crowding. Digital watches have too much information not related to time. So many needles going tick tack, accompanied by numbers that flash green or red. That part I can understand because green is good news, all is well. Red is bad news, like bank accounts of people who shall remain anonymous.

The original watch, which is now a permanent resident in Salvation Army and Thrift Shops had one mandate: A.M. and P.M. Manufacturers in Switzerland and China later used force and put the date. That is what opened the flood gates I guess.

Now digital watches look like stop watches used by coaches of athletes that aspire to be Usain Bolt. Also, why must a watch have my heart rate? I check it from time to time but surely, not every hour. When will I have time to live, if I’m scared of living fully, on this borrowed time?

Excuse me, what’s the time?

Get lost.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers