Cleaning The Fridge A Milestone


It’s important to audit your life. Monthly audits are better. If you audit at the end of the year, you might miss what you did in March 2022, for example.

Let’s talk about March 2023. The great milestone for me was cleaning the fridge. That’s right. It’s an achievement of epic proportions. I’m not like you, who does it every month. Don’t ask me when last I cleaned it, as in which year. That would be a trick question.

Let’s just say the fridge looks empty. That’s how I saw that shelves had a sprinkling of breadcrumbs look-alike. The vegetable tray had subdued tomatoes, their smooth skin gone. What is an empty eye drops' bottle doing in there?

The fridge door had bottles I don’t remember buying, except for the mustard. I bought it for the first time in my life because the rack of lamb recipe, called for it. How long ago was that?  Another trick question.

I don’t clean the fridge that often because of logistics. Taking out shelves is a struggle. Should I pull them out this way or that way? The door doesn’t help matters because it opens to a wall, something common in all kitchens. Why am I not surprised? Men who created the fridge space don’t cook.

I’m going to turn a new leaf. I will clean it quarterly. I will even programme it on my phone. There you go, another milestone.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers