Lawyers Are Loyal To Paymasters

We trust attorneys and doctors. They have framed certificates on the wall to prove they attended colleges that specialize in law and medicine. Their daily conduct is also regulated by bar associations and medical associations.

Many candy jars. Which one has the truth? It depends on legal system.

That trust is dented when we see the number of attorneys charged with Donald Trump for attempting to overturn the 2020 Georgia election results. Movies have all kinds of punch lines. One line is indelible in my mind: there are three people you should not lie to: your doctor, pastor and attorney. Equally, they should not lie to us.

I’m not fond of attorneys myself because they cost money. That’s why wealthy people have no qualms about breaking the law because ‘Jones will handle it.’ Yes, Jones is the lawyer. Drug dealers and murderers are not scared of prison because they have lawyers on stand-by. I guess I’m stupid enough to believe that you should pay for doing something wrong like taking someone’s life. Hardened criminals think otherwise. They pay attorneys to get them off on a ‘technicality.’ What can mothers do, except weep for a long time?

I also have a bad experience with lawyers. I was wrongly dismissed at work. The law firm assigned me a lawyer who was afraid of the employer’s lawyer. Just before the labor arbitration date, he called me and said I should drop the case because he doesn’t want to look like a fool in court. I couldn’t believe it. I drove to the law firm and talked to the owner. She was embarrassed and assigned me another lawyer.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers