Halloween Art


I won’t be scared this Halloween. But you said that last year. I did, thanks for the rude reminder. Fine. I say it every year but they always get me on the bus or on the road. Blood. I cringe when I meet somebody covered in blood, something that is hidden in our veins for a reason.

It’s Halloween dummy. I’m not dumb. I just don’t think about 'fun' things well in advance. There I was, at the local farmers’ market during the summer, enjoying color brought about by vegetables. Such markets have other things, like hand made scarves and mittens, hand made earrings, woodwork and soap. What’s this? A table full of human heads with distorted eyes and mouths. Ghouls. I think our English teacher said they are ghouls. Very scary. The ghoulish art was there the whole summer, then the penny dropped. This is Halloween art. That’s when I took the pictures.

How could I forget Halloween, when dollar stores had them as early as August? China is big on planning judging from dollar stores. The only thing that is not made in China are carts we push from aisle to aisle. I should also improve my planning skills, and remember Halloween before I see Halloween art in dollar stores and outside homes with big lawns. 

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers