Fall Leaves Your Fav Colour?

Pic: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Artificial Intelligence (AI) dictatorship is a pest. I cannot write like a duck, bobbing up and down the river trying to get to my destination: literary excellence. AI guesses my moves, my motives, my moods. Just let me be. I trip over stones when I’m writing. Sometimes I fall flat on my face, pick myself up and delete a whole blog, if it has no gas.

However, I need a little favour from AI. Arrest the fall for trespassing. I suspect it wants to steal the shine from summer. I’m noticing some fallen leaves and I think it’s too early for that. I know they are pretty but I’m not in the appreciation mode yet. I still enjoy wearing tops and shorts, not boots and jackets lined with fake fur.

AI, I’m not paranoid. I can also read the air, when it becomes fuzzy and loses its moisture. No. I’m not a meteorologist. I happen to live in one of the coldest places on earth, which is not a problem, but it is if some seasons want to jump the line. Very rude, like some immigrants that are not used to lining up for the bus or stepping into a subway train gracefully, not push and shove, survival of the fittest. I’ve lived in such countries. Artificial intelligence is supposedly brilliant. That’s why it could talk to this premature fall and tell it to wait its turn.

On second thought, let me cancel my request because intrusive as it is, artificial intelligence cannot dictate to nature, to seasons and the color of fall leaves.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers