Writing I Was Wrong


We still need writing. Maybe I was wrong to conclude that Tik Tok and YouTube Shorts killed it because all you do is point, shoot and post.  Some content creators tell a story with a beginning, middle and the end. It means they are into pre-production and that includes writing.

They develop concepts on paper so that they can have dialogue for characters, props needed, clothes and location. Then they shoot the video. They will edit it based on the script. All stages of film production begin with something on a piece of paper. The following projects are outstanding because of the writing. They are not point, shoot and post as I claimed in previous posts.

@ThaddBoii: I come from a soccer background, so I don’t know anything about American football but I’m slowly learning, thanks to him. He plays all the characters in his Tik Tok and YouTube Shorts. He impersonates football coaches like Deion Sanders ‘Coach Prime’ and Nick Saban. Questions about NFL and football in general? He’s the #1 go-to. His videos are useful because they are educational for someone clueless about the game, like me.

@chewkz: is a British comedian who also plays multiple characters in his videos. He does British material like accents, the most popular one being a ‘bottle of water’ but in a London working class accent, I think. I also enjoy how he handles the difference between British and American English. I can relate to that content because I was colonized by the British in Africa, but ended up living in north America.

@mkbhd: is the YouTube tech falcon who reviews all things tech: phones, computers, speakers, cameras and tech in luxury and electric cars. If it’s tech, manufacturers send it to him for review. The writing is important to him, and most of his product reviews are scripted. He has a full tech ‘television’ studio. I think he will be a movie director one day because he is very creative with cameras, light sources and angles.

These three content projects are just examples that writing is not dead yet, as I believed. They are exceptional because of how concepts are developed and that involves writing.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers