Jimmy Butler The Tennis Guy


NBA star Jimmy Butler, who plays for Miami Heat, my second choice basketball team provided my first good news for the day. Toronto Raptors is #1 because of domicillum, excuse my Latin.

ESPN reported Butler was a ball boy yesterday, at the US Open charity event for Ukraine humanitarian aid. The video is hilarious because he became a kid, all excited about the responsibility of being a ball boy. Butler also ‘beat’ Carlos Alcaraz, the tennis surgeon that is the current U.S. Open Champion.

Kids are the only pure thing we have in this world, before we poison and pollute them. That’s why they give us so much joy. They laugh when we laugh, and cry when parents fight or when they are hungry and there’s just no food. Jimmy Butler’s tennis antics with the ball kids and Carlos Alcaraz is a reminder that the daily anthem: “I’m an adult. I do what I like,” is just plain air. We miss being kids, to be carefree and not pay taxes. Delete that. I must not spoil the Butler mood with that government habit, which brings me to bad news.

I must change the first sentence in this piece. Jimmy Butler is the only good news I will have today because of banks, the bane of my existence. They have raised their fees as per unjustifiable tradition. The punishment fee for accounts with ZERO funds is now $7.95. I don’t understand. How do banks justify punishing us for being broke? I don’t mean to laugh but they have a solution. We can avoid the punishment fee by having $3 000 in the account. Banking laws make it all legal. Who will speak for the broke nation?

For now, thank you Jimmy Butler and US Open for helping me take my eyes off the ball for a few minutes. The ball? Yes, banks and the government.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers