Water as A Snack


I need a new mind set. I must regard water as a snack. It’s the only way I can drink more than two glasses a day. I just forget. That’s why this summer, I leave a full glass next to the sink to remind myself that I should and must drink water. 

No, I don’t believe in bottled water, messes up the environment. Tap water is just fine. About 95% of people in your city grew up on it and still drink it up to this day. There’s also some hypocrisy to bottled water. Some bottling companies take my tap water, put it in a bottle and you buy a 12-pack of those. I digress. Where was I? Yes. I don’t drink enough water but I wish I could.

I don’t get thirsty. Maybe it’s crossed communication lines. Mis-match. The throat says its thirsty. I interpret the signal as snack time. I open that refrigerator door and check out some left-overs or sardines that could make a juicy B4-lunch snack. The throat becomes disgusted and never warns me about thirst again.

Should I see the doctor and ask her about my predicament? Which is? I don’t drink enough water. It is a predicament because drought is bad for crops and animals. Look at the plant on your window. It is wilted because you forget to water it. But most of all, I’m not a doctor but common sense tells me the body needs water to move things around, create other things and keep them oiled. Remember when the car broke down? You opened the bonnet/hood. Diagnosis? No water.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers