Honest Store Workers


The ‘born to shop’ season is here. Credit cards are so full they fall when we fish them out from wallets. Workers at the mall look forward to some minimum wage money, but dread our stupidity, forcing size 38 jeans when 40 is our geographical reality.

To save time, they are trained to say: it looks good on you.  I’ve never taken that advice because I know myself, the geography and height so I know what’s good for me, and on me.

But I’ve come across honest store workers. My phone for example. When the last one boiled, I went to look for a new one. The brand I’ve had for three previous phones went out of business. So what’s new, am I such a loser?

Where was I? Honest store workers. The lady serving me suggested two phones. I told her the camera is a priority for me. No, not for selfies or Tik Tok. I’m a blogger. I need photos as bait for my blogs because the whole world is visual and reading a small paragraph leads to depression.

I bought my current phone based on her advice and she was right. It has an incredible camera and the battery is a plus. It has good mileage, just like she said.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers