Doctor Simple Language Please


Doctors must break it down for us and use simple language to describe the damage we inflict on our bodies.

We did not go to medical school so we don’t understand why illness is called after letters of the alphabet: COVID-19, MS, MD, TB etc. Is there a disease known as ABC?

Never mind. It’s my responsibility to protect my body by not feeding it with liquids, smoke and food that will block blood, from moving around. I’m irresponsible. Drinking only three glasses of water a day is like reaching the top of Giza pyramids.

I don’t take care of myself. Who does? That’s why we shift the responsibility to doctors to use simple terms to describe our suicidal lifestyle.

ROAD CLOSED: I would quickly change my eating habits if my doctor told me my heart might have a road closed sign. Indefinitely. That means death doesn’t it?

BURST WATER MAIN: That is scary. I can imagine all that water gushing out of pipes, blocking roads. But, it’s not water, but my blood. Yes, doctor I get your point.

POTHOLES: We always complain about the city neglecting roads, but I will get the message loud and clear if my doctor said I have potholes somewhere inside my body.

Maybe doctors are not allowed to use simple language. It might alarm patients. Great! I need to be alarmed that the alarm will go off if I continue eating badly. Alarm? You are not talking about my heart doctor, are you?

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers