Yes Boss


I’m scared. We seem to forget that we don’t have to listen to traders that sell us all sorts of things. Maybe, it’s how they do it. They use drill master advertising.

1. Click here to accept the $5 000 overdraft. We click.

2. Click here to activate your pre-approved mortgage. We click.

3. Click here to accept the improved anti-virus. We click.

4. Click here to accept the no-interest-for-24 months’ offer. We click.

5. Click here to get your fire-resistant ticket to go to hell. We click.

I know common sense is gone forever, never to return, but surely, we must be more careful about money. I know, online ads are forceful, are immediate, are timely (just what you need) and usually don’t want any up-front payment. However, I must also admit, that they have of way of making me special, as if they are talking to me, and me alone. How did they know the kids want to go to a real vacation, like their classmates?

“But dad, going to Grandma’s place every summer is not real vacation.”

Who’s been talking to these kids?  The ‘click here to accept’ ads use a combination of hypnosis and dreams-come-true. There is no hypnosis. I don’t need a new car because I take the subway or Metro in Paris to go to work and entertainment. That is what public transport is all about, peace of mind because we don’t have to worry about traffic jams, driving ten minutes to find a parking spot, and not to worry about car-hijackers, active in other countries.

The ‘click to accept’ ads catch us on dreams. I wish I was beautiful like her. I wish I can win the jackpot and buy her a real house in the suburbs away from the inner city, so that she does not leave me for the area drug dealer, that use women and age them.

Whatever the case, avoid such ads. They want your life not your business.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Blogger Without Borders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers