Selecting a Jury? I'm Clueless


I associate the jury system with the United States of America. Does it exist in judicial systems of other countries? I must ask law students and practising attorneys.

Anyway, thanks to Donald Trump and his core criminal cases, I’m thinking about the jury system a lot especially the who, how and when. As an outsider, I inhaled it through second hand smoke: movies, American TV crime series which were sold abroad, before the internet ruled the airwaves, and books of course.

The ‘how’ involves the reason why Jack is rejected as a jury member, and Jill is accepted. I once read a novel about how a successful business woman fell in love with a garbage man while on jury duty. Excuse me, a garbage man on jury duty? Surely, he is not educated and does not know anything about the law. Besides, he’s dirty, driving that truck that collects my filth. Yes indeed, we look down upon people who clean after us.

Classified Documents Donald Trump Took Home

I might be clueless about the laws Donald Trump broke by taking those documents to Mar-a-Lago after he lost the 2020 election, but I know for sure that TOP SECRET documents are not hotel soap. You cannot take them home when you check out.

But I don’t understand the nitty gritty about what Judge Cannon - a Trump protegee - wants or wanted to tell the jury. Apparently, how she instructs the jury can make or break the case, decide whether Trump walks or ends up behind bars. I must school myself with the basics of the jury system. Will do.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers